Community and Family Learning Officer
Royal Cornwall Museum, Truro TR1 2SJ
Responsible to: Head of Education
Liaise with: Head of Education, Early Years Education Officer,
Education Officers, Museum Education
Development Officer and other RCM staff
members; partners in County Record Office
Purpose of job:
The post-holder will research, develop, implement and evaluate a programme
of community and family learning resources based on the collections of the
RCM and partner organisations, using a multi-sensory approach to learning
- Establish partnerships with families, family related organisations and
partner organisations (such as the County Record Office and non-hub
museums) to help with the development and delivery of the programme
- Create a variety of resources to assist with the delivery of the plan, in
liaison with education and other RCM staff members and partners
- Ensure that the programme ties in with the wider family agenda, is
inclusive and provides access for all, is sustainable and addresses the
RIC’s audience development plan
- Participate in the development of community and family learning services
across the South West by working in conjunction with the partner
museums of the S W Hub.
- • To monitor the effectiveness of the programme and make appropriate
- To maintain awareness of formal learning agendas for pre-school children
(0-3), Foundation Stage children (3-5) and families visiting informally with
children aged 5 – 16, and of new developments in museum education
- To attend any training necessary to carry out above duties.
- To contribute to service forward planning.
- Undertake research where necessary.
- Undertake other duties of a reasonable nature, as may be determined by
the Head of Education Service and other staff members from time to time,
in consultation with the post holder
- Carry out all duties in accordance with the RIC’s Equal Opportunities
Policy and other relevant policies.
- Take reasonable care of health and safety of self, other people and
resources whilst at work and cooperate with colleagues to comply with the
RIC’s Health and Safety Policy and the Health and Safety at Work Act.
Salary: £21,000 (This post has guaranteed funding to
Royal Cornwall Museum, River Street, Truro TR1 2SJ
Telephone 01872 272205 Fax 01872 240514
Royal Cornwall Museum